Pinnacle Evo 2 boots or neo-socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at getting the Pinnacle Evo 2, does those of you that have them prefer the neoprene socks with overboots or the attached vulcanized rubber boots?

Pros & Cons:

Built IN Boots:
Easier to get on and off...no laces to tie, one less piece of equipment to carry
If new to drysuits, easier to get inverted by the air going to the boots. Might need gators or similar

Socks:
Comfy, usually a better more snug fit, another piece of equipment, must be laced,
Lower chance of alot of air getting to the boot due to the laces.

Have you had a DS before? I have had both ways, and for ease of putting on, my next will have built in boots :wink:

Let me know if you have any other questions about that suit, we have sold quite a few and I can emial you the measurement form if you dont have it already :wink:

Your lookig at a great suit that is built to last and very comfortable and a steal at that price!! Great CHoice

I have the evo 2, and went with the neoprene socks.
Sure, you have to remember to bring the boots with you, but I like the flexibility of having the socks: you can use rockboots or even wetsuit boots on it, and they feel more secure/more support when making long treks across the beach.

Also as a bonus, it really cuts down on the air traveling to your feet when you can cinch down the laces.

Good luck and enjoy the dry suit!

I went with the built in boots. The first dive was a little floaty on the feet. I put spring straps on my TUSA Zoom Fins and they collapse the boot somewhat and helped eliminate that situation on the next dive. I'm really impressed by how the Pinnacle EVO 2 is easy to learn dry suit diving technique.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom