Pink and purple?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I saw a new ad where Tusa is coming out with pink and purple dive gear. Why on earth would anyone, including a lady, want such easter egg colored dive gear? Someone please explain it to me.

quarrydiver68:
I was saw a new ad where Tusa is coming out with pink and purple dive gear. Why on earth would anyone, including a lady, want such easter egg colored dive gear? Someone please explain it to me.

While I just bought my Black Scubapro Jet Fins, I still have my purple Dacor Integras. They are great fins, just not made anymore. Besides, they are a MANLY purple. As for pink, they should never be allowed, unless Jessica Alba wants to wear a set in her next movie.

quarrydiver68:
I was saw a new ad where Tusa is coming out with pink and purple dive gear. Why on earth would anyone, including a lady, want such easter egg colored dive gear? Someone please explain it to me.
People like to be different. We just got a new shipment of Genesis masks in at the LDS this week, and I was pricing and putting them on the shelf. There were pink and purple masks in there, and the funny thing is.....they sell.
Last spring I had 2 teen age girls, who are going on a high school trip to the Caribbean during spring vacaion. They were trying on masks, and the one girl kept telling the other "try this one, it'll look better with that green bikini", oblivious to whether it fit or not. In the end, I got her fitted with another mask that fit her, in that same color green.
C-Dawg

I happen to be a female diver who loves the pink stuff. Everything in diving is so "guy" oriented its nice to see that some of the companies are making something besides yellow, blue, and black.
So in my opinion there is always room for more pink dive gear.

I have two male friends who have most of their dive gear in pink.

It's easily visible on the deck so no one accidentally picks it up and who's going to steal pink gear?

Don't think the colour of the gear has any bearing on how well it works or how good the diver is :wink:

alcina:
I have two male friends who have most of their dive gear in pink.

It's easily visible on the deck so no one accidentally picks it up and who's going to steal pink gear?

Don't think the colour of the gear has any bearing on how well it works or how good the diver is :wink:

Yeah... gear color shouldn't matter... but it take a brave man to wear pink scuba gear....

sure they aren't more than dive "partners? " heh :)

The nice thing about the ugly, err I mean purple and pink gear, is that it's usually discounted at the LDS since not many people want it. Plus you're pretty much guaranteed no one will steal it. A friend of mine has a while pink get up, and you always notice her in photos and videos. The rest of us are in black and tend to blend in together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom