Pimp my DPV... or mods for better performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Saw some mods for other DPVs and was hoping to do the same for my Blacktip. I see Suex makes a carry handle but I'm not paying that kind of cash so I would love to see what others have done. Hose Clamp and some web covering is all it looks to be. Both I can grab from DGX.

on there tow leash why do the include a rubber band? To secure the cord in some way?

other mods other then a new handle as that has already been done.

And I still need to complete my leash and bow cord conversion that @geoff w has offered to assist with. Ty for that.

It’s not an excellent picture but I used 1.5” webbing and a sheathed clamp to make a “suex style” carrying handle. Friends have used 2” webbing as well.

A091BCFF-E9DA-4BBC-9480-7630A9B4952F.jpeg

Saw some mods for other DPVs and was hoping to do the same for my Blacktip. I see Suex makes a carry handle but I'm not paying that kind of cash so I would love to see what others have done. Hose Clamp and some web covering is all it looks to be. Both I can grab from DGX.

on there tow leash why do the include a rubber band? To secure the cord in some way?

other mods other then a new handle as that has already been done.

And I still need to complete my leash and bow cord conversion that @geoff w has offered to assist with. Ty for that.
Those webbing handles are easy to make. Back in the Gavin days, we'd just make em.

The rubber band is to tuck the cord under when not in use. Depending on your body length and the length of the scooter, your tow cord might not reach all the way up to the webbing handle so you need a way to stow it.

Sea Rover kayak compass (for when I need to navigate) and 2" webbing carrying handle. I also like stickers but those are optional.

IMG_20211007_155245882_resize.jpg
274545332_10101589789246959_557194461270877812_n.jpg

So I just got my dpv and was looking around. Had to laugh when the idea of truck nutz entered my head

Ive made a handful of these handles, They attach with a provided SS Hose Clamp and come with the option of Gopro QR or flat top. I can of course modify it to add 1/4-20 thread inserts aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_9468.jpeg
    IMG_9468.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 176
Double Post

Ive made a handful of these handles, They attach with a provided SS Hose Clamp and come with the option of Gopro QR or flat top. I can of course modify it to add 1/4-20 thread inserts aswell.

how much for the flat top model?

It already looks kind of like a squid. Glue some sequenced led lites to the cylinder and you don't need to go fast. You're that cool.

Back
Top Bottom