Pictures - Trip Report -- BVI Sailing/Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
TSandM and I, along with 3 other couples, spent a wonderful 7 days on a crewed charter in the BVI the first week of April. We had chartered the 50' Cat, Liahona which is designed to handle 8 people/4 couples in decadent delight.

We had 1 non-diver, 3 real new ones (total of 13 open water dives among them -- yup, 1 more than the minimum!), 2 pretty new ones (total of about 40 dives between them) and the two of us (total of about 170 dives since last June between the two of us).

We got to dive on several different wrecks, RMS Rhone (of course), Fearless, Mary L & Pat and the Chikuzen. In addition we got in one night dive (the first for the "new" divers) and lots of time in the shallower reefs.

This type of trip is/was a great way to go -- HIGHLY recommended!

Pictures are on our website T, S and M Associates or:

The Wrecks of the BVI

General UW Pictures

The BVI Above Water

Most underwater shots were taken with my new Canon S80 using the Canon UW Case -- LOVE the camera!

Other uw shots taken with a Konica/Minolta DiMage Xg (with permission of Dan Hogan)

Above water shots taken primarily with Nikon D70 (with permission of Robert Kruse)

wonderful! what was your viz at the Rhone?

I don't think we ever had more than 40 or 50 feet of visibility. It was fabulous by Seattle standards, but not by tropical.

Who did you charter with? We chartered a 62foot cat last June (full crew) and it was fabulous! We used Dive BVI and managed to get a few dives in (only 2 of us were divers, the rest snorkelers). They picked us up at the boat in the morning and then dropped us off when we were done. We are going again in June 2007! It is a fabulous way to have fun in the sun isn't it! I have my trip report and SOME of my pics (I really need to get them up!) here www.punkapacific.com

I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures. Looks like you had a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom