Pictures taken at Tulamben, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMoMo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had my first couple of dives with my new rig a week ago and thought i share them with you guys :) I'm using the Sony Alpha NEX-5 with two Inon S-2000 strobes and an Acquapazza housing. All those pics were taken with the 18-55mm lens, because i didn't bring my Dome, due to that the cover didn't arrive in time and i didn't want to scratch it on the first use.

Pictures from Tulamben, Bali

I'm still learning how to set the manual settings and strobe positions, so please forgive that.

Thanks scuba bear. Still lots to learn on my side. Anyway this weekend i'll do some local diving in HK and focus completly on picture settings and strobe positions. Lets hope that helps for the next diving trip.

ScubaMoMo

How do you like the Acquapazza housing? The ergonomics look good but I have never seen one personally. I notice it is rated at a relatively shallow 50 Meters/160’. Do you think that is due to the push button control design or the whole housing?

Of all the housings i have seen i felt it was the best choice for me. I liked the trigger which is similar to DSLR housings and also i wanted to have manual focus control. That its only rated to 60m doesnt bother me, because i'm anyway not into tech diving. Why its not rated deeper i have no clue. Maybe it only worked till 60m in testing, maybe they only tested until 60m. Only Aquapazza will know that for sure :wink: The built quality is definatelly excellent and in my own opinion the best of all available ones.

Ah and mentioned before i really love the tilted screen port! It makes it so much easier to make pictures in most situations.

Back
Top Bottom