Pictures of the Tsunami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner:
I used to run all three, but found that Spy Sweeper's freeware version simply didn't keep up. You could go online & periodically DL a new VERSION of the freeware, but there was no other way to update their listings once you had the program installed.

I think there is a new version out (3.5) that enables you to download the new listings. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and have updated the listings a few times already. However, what happens after the 30 days, .... I don't know.

I've used the freeware versions of AdAware, Spybot and SpySweeper, and find that none did 100%, but using two or three worked very well (nearly 100% for detection, somewhat less effective for complete removal).
The problem with any of the freeware programs that I have seen is that by the time spyware/adware/malware is found, they have already been installed and are (usually) working or doing their damage.
After having to pay someone to remove malware that my "suite" of freeware programs couldn't remove 100% (MyWebSearch), I invested in the pay/subscription version of Adaware that includes Ad-Watch and prevents the installation of these malicious codes. Best investment I have made in a long time. It has now been over six months since AdAware, SpySweeper, McAfee Anti-Spyware or Spybot have detected anything. Material gets blocked almost daily, but so far I have stayed "clean." Spy Sweeper has a similar feature that prevents spyware installation instead of just atempting removal.

hijack!!!!!!!!

Those photos are eerie. They didn't even know it was about to kill them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom