Pictures of the Tsunami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
H2Andy:
this is sad. they found a camera from a missing Canadian couple, and they had
photographed the wave as it came towards them.

if you click on the picture of the wave below, you can see a slide show where the wave gets bigger and bigger.

Wow.

BTW, was there ever an estimate as to how high/large the waves were at their peak?

Just wondering,

what's really creepy to me is that first picture. down at the very bottom you can see where waves had been and you can see how far the water had receeded prior to the tsunami. all of those rock formations were probably underwater a few minutes before. then it looks like there's a half dozen people out there walking aroung gawking who are pretty much doomed. same i guess for the second picture that actually shows some other people, but i find the wide-angle shot more disturbing...

SubMariner:
Wow.

BTW, was there ever an estimate as to how high/large the waves were at their peak?

Just wondering,

The 3 main waves were estimated at 21.5 feet

I just saw the slide show. But why did Yahoo interpolate an advertisement among the slides!?!?!?!? not the best place for it.

Anthony Appleyard:
I just saw the slide show. But why did Yahoo interpolate an advertisement among the slides!?!?!?!? not the best place for it.

Watching it also installed spyware onto your computer - unless you have good blocking software installed.

The pictures themselves......very sad.

Watching it also installed spyware onto your computer - unless you have good blocking software installed.

How do I find if that spyware is on my computer? If so, how can I remove it? I am in England and on BTBroadband, and I also have McAfee's antiviral installed. This McAfee several times a day pops up a small yellow window saying that something tried to probe my computer.

Anthony Appleyard:
How do I find if that spyware is on my computer? If so, how can I remove it? I am in England and on BTBroadband, and I also have McAfee's antiviral installed. This McAfee several times a day pops up a small yellow window saying that something tried to probe my computer.

Spybot & Adaware are good programs to install. They are free & don't take up much space. You can also update them. The best thing is what one misses, the other picks up.

Bonne chance,

SubMariner:
Spybot & Adaware are good programs to install. They are free & don't take up much space. You can also update them. The best thing is what one misses, the other picks up.

Bonne chance,

I tried Spybot, Adaware, and Spy Sweeper. I think Spybot looks at 22 000 spy traces/programs, Spy Sweeper looks at 64 000 and I find does a better job. Though with Spy Sweeper, you get a 30 day trial period and then they would like you to pay $30 per year. I don't know what happens after the 30 day period though.

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
I tried Spybot, Adaware, and Spy Sweeper. I think Spybot looks at 22 000 spy traces/programs, Spy Sweeper looks at 64 000 and I find does a better job. Though with Spy Sweeper, you get a 30 day trial period and then they would like you to pay $30 per year. I don't know what happens after the 30 day period though.

Bill.

I used to run all three, but found that Spy Sweeper's freeware version simply didn't keep up. You could go online & periodically DL a new VERSION of the freeware, but there was no other way to update their listings once you had the program installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom