Pictures from my vacation in Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I spent a week in Cuba at the El Senador in Cayo Coco for the Christmas vacations. Although all my SCUBA dives were cancelled because of the weather, I had the time to do some freediving on the cuban reef and try my hand at underwater photography. The picture were taken at depths varying from 10 to 20 feet depending were I was.

Here are a few pics that I took, at least the ones that came out nice. Bear in mind that they were taken with a disposable underwater camera in stong current. So be nice with me ;-). Any constructive critisim to help me improve my underwater photography skills are welcome.

numriser00040ka.jpg

numriser00050yp.jpg

numriser00060zm.jpg

numriser00086ft.jpg

And more ...

numriser00131oy.jpg

numriser00142fc.jpg

numriser00158qp.jpg

numriser00164hz.jpg

As Tamas said "HOLY Picture size Batman!". What is the file size of those pictures? You might want to download this great free program called Irfanview. It will allow you to resize your images. Which disposable camera did you use?

Falco:
I spent a week in Cuba at the El Senador in Cayo Coco for the Christmas vacations. Although all my SCUBA dives were cancelled because of the weather, I had the time to do some freediving on the cuban reef and try my hand at underwater photography. The picture were taken at depths varying from 10 to 20 feet depending were I was.

Here are a few pics that I took, at least the ones that came out nice. Bear in mind that they were taken with a disposable underwater camera in stong current. So be nice with me ;-). Any constructive critisim to help me improve my underwater photography skills are welcome.

Thats right Falco RUB it in! I am sitting here with thousands of $ worth of camera gear U/W and land, freezing my ears off from a draft thats creeping in from the 30 degree F chill outside....and you come up with some very nice warm water pictures! With a DISPOSABLE! Keep shooting, remember its the photographer taking the picture, not the camera.

Cheers

Pretty neat photos!! Errr, are we allowed to look at these if they were taken in Cuban waters? :wink:

Sorry for the picture size, when the galleries opens up again I'll resize them to make them more viewable.
Thats right Falco RUB it in! I am sitting here with thousands of $ worth of camera gear U/W and land, freezing my ears off from a draft thats creeping in from the 30 degree F chill outside....and you come up with some very nice warm water pictures! With a DISPOSABLE! Keep shooting, remember its the photographer taking the picture, not the camera.

Thnaks, I usually dive here in quebec where the temperature varries from -22 degree F to 68 degree F and the water from 28 to 41 degree F it was nice to dive in friendlier conditions. I'm currently finishing up another disposable camera here. I'm using the bluee Kodak ones, and have mixed feelings about it. I like the fact you can go down to 15 meters with it (went doen to 18 the other day, hope I didn't break it) but it's a pain tu use with drysuit gloves. You also have to watch out for you fingers since it's pretty easy to cover the lens with them since the body is made from a slippery transparent plastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom