Pictures from Catalina June 30th, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday went out on the Magician to Catalina. We dove Goat Harbor which is always fun this time of the year due to the fact that Great Black Sea Bass are in the area. I also saw a couple of rays in the area as I ventured to an area in Goat Harbor called the "Desert." We also dove the Habitat Sanctuary area. We were between the Rock Quarry and Blue Caverns. Then the Rock Quarry to find the famed Butterfly fish. The last dive was at Isthmus Reef. Overall a good day of diving. Didn't get many keeper shots but here is a link to the pics I did feel were worthy:

Catalina June 30th, 2012

Very nice! You saw a sea bass - and got a great picture!!!

Very nice! You saw a sea bass - and got a great picture!!!

Thanks for the compliment. The viz at Goat Harbor has not been the best. There has a been a lot of particulate in the water making WA shots hard.

I completely agree. I dove Anacapa on Friday and the water was a tad bit green with lots of cruft. Decided it was a macro day and was very glad I did. Hopefully it clears up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom