Picture orgy - diving in Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For all of you who ever imagined Norway beeing a cold, dark and scary place for diving, here are my friend Christian Skauge's contributions to change that view!

http://www.turut.no/hitra_oktober_2006.htm

These were taken during our trip to Hitra, Norway, in October 2006. tomorrow we're off again for another week in our scuba paradise!

Christian_Skauge_Hitra_26.jpg

Yours truly, Kompressor, having the time of his life!

Christian_Skauge_Hitra_06.jpg

Ain't she a beauty?! (It must be a she!)

( All photos, copyright: Christian Skauge, www.dykkefoto.no )

Wow, simply gorgeous! What's the average water temp?

Jcsgt:
Wow, simply gorgeous! What's the average water temp?

Varying with the season, usually 6-13 degrees Celsius around where we are diving (Hitra). In April it can be even colder, but then the viz is more irregular so we usually dive up there in October-February ( = excellent viz).

And then some cave diving:

Christian_Skauge_Hitra_21.jpg

Christian_Skauge_Hitra_22.jpg

That's me in there!

I love the pics, but that's just too freakin cold for any living thing.

Fish_Whisperer:
Man... Those are some great pix! The one of the hermit crab is as nice as any I've seen in the glossy magazines. Way to go!

Well, my friend the photographer is a pro. And we did get our 15 minutes of fame, since our trip was the main story in the recent issue of the "glossy" Dykking magazine! :D

-And I've heard some other magazines are buying it for their next issue as well! :14:

We had a great time, and tomorrow we're off again to the same spots!

Christian_Skauge_Hitra_16.jpg

DennisW:
I love the pics, but that's just too freakin cold for any living thing.

No it isn't, chicken! :D
I understand it may sound terrible if you only know diving from around where you live. But with properly training and adequate gear, diving up here is a breeze. -Really!

Incredible pics, Kompressor. The viz looks excellent. Is the diving around Hitra primarily wreck diving ? I would imagine that there are several from the WWII era. Good luck on your trip.

riguerin:
Incredible pics, Kompressor. The viz looks excellent. Is the diving around Hitra primarily wreck diving ? I would imagine that there are several from the WWII era. Good luck on your trip.

Well, actually we don't have many wrecks around there. We usually make two wreck dives during the week, and there are none from WW2 since there were hardly any fighting around this area. We do mainly nature diving, and as such, Hitra is truly heaven for a UW-photographer.

KOMPRESSOR:
Well, actually we don't have many wrecks around there. We usually make two wreck dives during the week, and there are none from WW2 since there were hardly any fighting around this area. We do mainly nature diving, and as such, Hitra is truly heaven for a UW-photographer.

Thanks. It truly looks wonderful. Hope you have great conditions tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom