picture help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mako1

Contributor
Reaction score
i took a picture of a friend on my last dive, and he wants a copy. the picture needs a little somthing before i send it to him, like a greate white shark. can some one out there who is good with doctoring photos help me? the gourp is having an after dive party and i'll will do a side show of all the photos from the group on my laptop and make a disk for all the divers, but i need a couple of funny pictures to get things off onr the right foot.

thanks in advance
mike

justleesa:
Is it a digital photo? could you post it and then a few of us can take a shot?

it is digital and i uploaded it to scuba board(it was my first uploadto the board) which was easy! it is under divers called " dive buddy "

mako1.jpg

I am no expert but I did some adjustments on your photo in PS7. I did the following:
1. Applied the "Mandrake Process"
2. Adjusted hue/saturation
3. Adjusted brightness/contrast
4. Adjusted sharpness

May I suggest you post your photos at 72 resolution and 640x480 or 600x450. The original photo is too large for the forum as it is too big of a file.

The one I posted here for you is 640 X 480. If you want the adjusted original back you can send me your e mail address and I'll return it to you via that method.

You will see a big improvement in your non-strobe photos if you use "manual white balance" on your camera. That involves calibrating the white balance off a dive slate, or the like, at the depth and conditions of your subject.

The "Mandrake Process" is to correct non-strobe photos that were taken on "auto white balance". It takes the "blue" look out and returns red which is lost at depth. The credit for that process goes to David Kusner aka "Mandrake". You can download the instructions and/or Photoshop plug in for it on my site here

I hope this helps.

I should have used Gilligans picture to start with, but I think it looks funny :wink:
Isthis what you wanted? Or something more realistic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom