Picture attachments fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like it's working again now.
:thumb: Cool!
2078907_2010_125.jpg
Actually it always did. But it only works in all uppercase letters. The lower case version doesn't create the image.
Hmmm, well I think I copied and pasted from Smilie List - ScubaBoard so I don't know why it didn't work at first, then did?

:thumb: Cool!

Hmmm, well I think I copied and pasted from Smilie List - ScubaBoard so I don't know why it didn't work at first, then did?

Dunno. The list shows the code in uppercase and when I click the smiley in the list it puts the code in uppercase as well. :idk:

Dunno. The list shows the code in uppercase and when I click the smiley in the list it puts the code in uppercase as well. :idk:

Was it the only thing in the post? Perhaps the "ALL CAPS" filter kicked in? :idk:

was it the only thing in the post? Perhaps the "all caps" filter kicked in? :idk:

:hhgttg:

Edit - Yep. That looks like what happened.

Why don't you just left click the smiley. That inserts it at the cursor position. :D

Why don't you just left click the smiley. That inserts it at the cursor position. :D
Seems like it closes the list when I do that, at least on FF, and it's not available on Quick Reply anyway, so I keep this bookmarked Smilie List - ScubaBoard, open in next tab, search for the name of a code if I remember.
When I first joined SB, a member had to tell me how to C&P. :blush: None of my friends told me to get a Beginner's book at the bookstore, but then they never did - and many now ask me to help their machines, seriously. I kept a print-out of the smilie list then to save opening time as we were on a very slow service and I just typed the codes then.​
IIRC, I copied & pasted correctly, so if it was not a SB glitch then it must have bee a DD-computer or server glitch. This is what I did...

:HHGTTG:​

IIRC, I copied & pasted correctly, so if it was not a SB glitch then it must have bee a DD-computer or server glitch. This is what I did...

:HHGTTG:​

Jax had the correct answer above. The vBulletin software has a feature that keeps you from posting in all caps. Since the HHGTTG was the only thing in your earlier post, the system changed it to hhgttg. Your last post worked correctly because you had additional text, so the all caps censor didn't kick in.

Back
Top Bottom