Pict = Close up> over-used DIN Oring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a very close up picture of my viton DIN Reg Oring after ~225 tanks. Sometimes my maintenance inspections should happen a little quicker, but it still wasn't leaking yet.

On a different cleaning topic, What is your favorite Ultrasonic machine cleaning fluid for chrome parts that won't damage them, but still clean the salt & dirt deposits away? I bought a machine.

20221121_140912.jpg

I use Chrystal Simple Green to clean regs, with a wee dash of vinegar. I have two machines, one for the cleaning solution, then another for the rinse.

On a different cleaning topic, What is your favorite Ultrasonic machine cleaning fluid for chrome parts that won't damage them, but still clean the salt & dirt deposits away? I bought a machine.
I once used hempocid (around 10% phosphoric acid along with a bactericide) but have since moved on to 1:1 distilled white vinegar to water solution (far cheaper and available most everywhere) at 50˚C, along with a brief post-cleaner soak in a Steramine solution and a final sink rinse . . .

I am currently using Simple Green Crystal 1:20 @ 50˚C in my ultrasonic machine with generally very good results on plated brass SCUBA parts, after an initial soak in 1:1 white vinegar and warm water to remove any crusty white deposits.
HOWEVER when cleaning some non-SCUBA anodised alloy parts I was dismayed to discover it will very quickly discolour them!
Nearly finished my original US 1 gallon jug, when its done I will replace it with Simple Green Extreme Aircraft Precision Cleaner which is specified as safe for ...aluminum, carbon fiber, high tech alloys, structural metals, paints, protective coatings.

In my HOG reg service class the instructor said he favored Micro-90, with Simple Green Crystal a runner-up.

, What is your favorite Ultrasonic machine cleaning fluid for chrome parts that won't damage them, but still clean the salt & dirt deposits away? I bought a machine.

Citric acid. Just put a spoon full of two (depending on how big your cleaner is) in warm water

Makes your chrome parts look like new, personally never had an issues with it damaging the chroming. Also since you can eat it no worries about harsh toxic chemical residue.

And of you want to get fancy you can get the Organic non GMO kind :funny:

1669090367007.png

I have two machines, one for the cleaning solution, then another for the rinse.
Some times I wish I had 2 machines.
1:1 distilled white vinegar to water solution (far cheaper and available most everywhere) at 50˚C, along with a brief post-cleaner soak in a Steramine solution and a final sink rinse . . .
This^^^.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom