Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for some one to grade these pics. Criticize or complement. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3182.jpg
    IMG_3182.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3217.jpg
    IMG_3217.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 56
Hi deep diver-

Your shots are in focus and seem to be exposed correctly. Their soft points are in the composition. The hawksbill is placed dead-center and has a strange look in its eye. In addition it is swimming straight at the camera. Had you waited a second more, it probably would have turned and put itself at a more amenable angle to show off more of the animal. The other two shots are nice reef shots but seem to be missing a subject. If your subject is the sponge, you should be closer to it and take it from an angle that inspires interest. Like I stated initially, though, they aren't bad pictures; in fact they're pretty good. I just hate it when a critic looks at a picture and says, "nice shot" without giving me any direction to go with it. jIf you want more advice, you might try posting them on a website specifically made for providing criticism such as photo.net.

Thank you for providing constructive insight. I will remember the notes for future endeavors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom