Pics???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People who are in this forum have posted lots of links to their websites for everyone to enjoy. Why not take advantage of them?

Also, there have been lots of pics posted to this forum.

So, that begs the question "Why do you want people to send them to you @ your email?"

~SubMariner~

~Sub~....check her profile. She's young, a new member and apparently not acquainted with net etiquette. :rolleyes: She also lists a seperate email in her profile so I have my doubts.

But in case you are for real, DixieCowgirl. If you want copies of pictures, the correct thing to do is to make the effort to look at the many links in signatures and those posted in the threads. If you see something you like, contact the photographer and ask permission to copy them. All of us eagerly share our work but want the courtesy of being asked first.

Thanks. I am not very good on the computer. Although I am 16 (17 in Sept.) Anyway. It takes me forever to find the board and stuff. Ususally the only way I get here is from like replies. Anyway. I was just looking for some good pics that I could get for a screensaver. A seperate email???? That is just my email address. I just started this board I didnt know what yall have on here

Dee once bubbled...
~Sub~....check her profile. She's young, a new member and apparently not acquainted with net etiquette. :rolleyes: She also lists a seperate email in her profile so I have my doubts.

But in case you are for real, DixieCowgirl. If you want copies of pictures, the correct thing to do is to make the effort to look at the many links in signatures and those posted in the threads. If you see something you like, contact the photographer and ask permission to copy them. All of us eagerly share our work but want the courtesy of being asked first.

Geese Dee, you said it yourself that you checked her profie and she was young. Give her a break, she's just trying to learn. You once were unacquainted with the net etiqutte you profess:rolleyes:

she offered her solid advice and not chastisement. The only way to learn is to have someone tell you how to do it better.

Cool, now I have an email address to use for online forms when i don't want all the spam from them....MAHAHAhahahahah

5615mike once bubbled...
Geese Dee, you said it yourself that you checked her profie and she was young. Give her a break, she's just trying to learn. You once were unacquainted with the net etiqutte you profess:rolleyes:

I remember well being new to the internet. I remember spending hours figuring out how things worked. It's not hard to know how to click on a link to members albums if she has lurked here very long at all. One reason I expressed my doubts is it's very common for new users to come here and make requests for members to send them what they want to an email address. Usually these people are never seen or heard from again. It's also considered rude not to at least make an effort to find things yourself. Posting one address and having a seperate AOL handle can point to email harvesting but if you want to take a chance, use them both.

There's nothing wrong in explaining you are new and asking for help. There's very few people who won't help someone when asked, me included. I just din't like to see someone come here asking something for nothing, who'll we'll likely never hear fom again.

dixiecowgirl once bubbled...
Thanks. I am not very good on the computer. Although I am 16 (17 in Sept.) Anyway. It takes me forever to find the board and stuff. Ususally the only way I get here is from like replies. Anyway. I was just looking for some good pics that I could get for a screensaver. A seperate email???? That is just my email address. I just started this board I didnt know what yall have on here

The best way to get help here is just to ask for it. If you had explained your reason to asking for the photos, there would have been no doubt. The email you posted is different from the AOL handle (which is usually the same as your AOL email) which led me to believe you have two emails. If you have any questions about navigating the board or the internet, please ask...we're more than willing to help.

Food for thought:

If you post something on the internet, including pics, then they are open game for anyone, anywhere in the world to simply copy, save directly to their computer, this is no big secret to anyone that is familiar with the PC. So if you dont want people to be able to share your pics, then I suggest that persons not post them at all. But then that kinda takes away from the whole point of the "open forum" in the first place, as this is not a private site.

Also, it is very difficult to judge someones intent by just reading words on a page, and can be often misinterpreted. We all need to think about how our writing will come across to the intended audience, and then some may not care, but it is food for thought.

:wink:

Dee once bubbled...

The best way to get help here is just to ask for it. If you had explained your reason to asking for the photos, there would have been no doubt. The email you posted is different from the AOL handle (which is usually the same as your AOL email) which led me to believe you have two emails. If you have any questions about navigating the board or the internet, please ask...we're more than willing to help.

I had an AIM that was doodles4jarrod then i got CS and I added the 04. I had just found this board when I was switching over. Whenever you get a new email it takes a while to get use to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom