Pics of our CSSP Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gotta share some pictures of our trip to CSSP this weekend. Yes I took some liberty with the photo editing, but they are my pictures and I think they look better this way.

Always have to have a pic of the scuba camp.
ry%3D400

This is the coolest thing. We came across the mine, and noticed a bass chasing off Sunfish, (I call them Perch) Upon closer inspection, those little white dots are his little kiddies, waitin to pop out. I think he thought breifly about trying to chase us off too, but I guess decided that we were big enough that if we wanted some free caviar, there wasn't much he could do about it.
ry%3D400

I just thought this one was kinda cool.
ry%3D400

Then we met up with Mr. Turtle...
ry%3D400

And checked out the boats and this years tenants.
ry%3D400

Rhonda and I had a great time. The weather was great for camping. The park was fairly empty. The dives were a bit chilly but great to get back into diving after a few months off. I'm ready to go back!

Diving was great, the weather was great! Vis was typical, 10-12 in some spots, 5-6 in other spots. Found 59 degrees on the north end for our first dive. My computer said 70 on the east wall for our second dive. Both dives today around the new, and old boat, and the east wall were 66. Practiced some nav today, found the new boat, and lost the old one on the first dive. Lost the new boat, and then found the old one on the second dive. Trivia: it only takes 15 minutes to get from the stairs on the east side to the wall on the west side! (I think the new boat drifted:D) Had fun, saw several felow pop-uppers, and found a turtle!

Rhonda

hey I was one of the firemen camping next to ya'll. Thanks for pointing out this website to me. We'll be in touch and I'm sure I'll see ya'll again out there at CSSP

I did two hour+ dives out there Friday afternoon. Max depth was 35ft, low temp of 62F. For a while I was the only one in the park, which was way cool, and the vis was ~10 ft. I opted to dive it wet, and the only part that ever got cold was my fingers. All in all, a good day to get wet. I think I'm gonna tent camp next Sat-Sun and get a few more in if the weather will cooperate.

Awesome pix guys. It is rather annoying that the viz at CSSP is inversely proportional to the temps though. Oh well.

I just checked weather prediction on the Fling page and it looks like we might, just might, have calm seas for this weekend. Maybe I will get to go afterall. Here's to hoping!!

thanks for sharing these....I"m soooooooooooo jealous, I have yet to find that mine yet had no problem finding the Minnow last year!!

I absolutely love, love, love the "mine" fish pic! It's the perfect photo, Those fish are "mine" on that "mine"! It is just a great personality pic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom