Pics from the Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave C

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some photos I took from a trip in late March - early April to the southern Sea of Cortez near the tip of the Baja Peninsula. All except the last were taken in the Cabo Pulmo area (the last one was from Cabo San Lucas). All the shots were taken while snorkeling (I don't scuba dive); camera was a Canon Powershot A630 (8 mgp).

Guineafowl puffer in transition from the common spotted variety to the less common yellow form:
large.jpg

Largemouth blenny peering from a crevice. This is a male in breeding colors. Normally, they are much drabber:
large.jpg

Green moray:
large.jpg

Balloonfish - these are really common in the Sea of Cortez. I wonder why they always have speckles on their eyeballs?
large.jpg

Pyramid starfish; the clam above may be a pearl oyster:
large.jpg

This last photo was taken in rather murky water at Pelican Rock off Lover's Beach at Cabo San Lucas. This is a very popular dive site, and usually the water is clearer than this. Yellowtail surgeonfish:
large.jpg

If you are interested, there are more photos here: Baja California Mexico underwater 2009 Photo Gallery by Dave_Clausen at pbase.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom