Pics from Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigbadwolf

Reaction score
Hiya

Just thought I would post some recent pics from Sipadan to share. Would have posted them earlier, but I was waiting for the photo gallery to be up. In my opinion, Sipadan seemed a lot nicer 2 years back. I guess thats the impact of allowing too many divers to dive there.

P1010072.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010097.jpg

More soon...

Wow - great shots! I hunted all over Sipadan for a pigmy seahorse and am still to see one: yours is striking a great pose. Love the look on the lizardfish: he looks how I feel today.

Cheers,
Rohan.

That lizardfish has a perfect pose look! Couldn't be better! Great photos all. Sipadan was on my to do list before but nowadays I've heard alot of bad things about place getting affected by too many divers. Should've went there when I had the chance being in Borneo but Jolo hijackings were on at that moment...

Wonderful shots bigbadwolf.
I particularly like the closeup on the crocodilefish's eye........., excellent detail and macro there :).
The pgymy seahorse and crinoid? are also lovely :D.

Jamdiver:
Wonderful shots bigbadwolf.
I particularly like the closeup on the crocodilefish's eye........., excellent detail and macro there :).
The pgymy seahorse and crinoid? are also lovely :D.

Thanks, Jam. Crocodile fish are plentiful there and they make wonderful subjects as they lie docile on the reef. The crinoid looking creature happens to be a basket starfish. It looks like a mini bush and it was crawling over the reef at night. Scared the daylights out of me as I had no idea that they could grow that large and it could move a hell lot faster than a normal starfish.

Tassie_Rohan:
Wow - great shots! I hunted all over Sipadan for a pigmy seahorse and am still to see one: yours is striking a great pose. Love the look on the lizardfish: he looks how I feel today.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hi Rohan

In fact, I did not find any of them on Sipadan Island too. They can be located at the neighbouring island, Mabul, under the Seaventures Resort, a converted oil rig. That was where I stayed when I was diving Sipadan. Its a shame that they closed all the resorts at Sipadan but bitter medicine is the best, they say.

Seaventures Resort
Vann-165.jpg

Chilling out on the Rig
Vann-023.jpg

Mabul Island
Mabul.jpg

Amazing Photos. I love the seahorse and the lizard fish. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sweet,,, I admire you 'photo' folks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom