Pics from over the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
The God of Scuba was very kind of me over the weekend! I went with several friends to Hin Plueng in Rayong on the eastern seaboard of Thailand for some diving. I wanted to try out my new Oly C5050/Ikelite housing rig. It was also the first time I got my Inon domeport for Inon WAL wet as well. As I looked around for something to try my WAL, the God of Scuba must have heard my prayer and sent me this.......:yea:

fad99c50.jpg

fad99c53.jpg

Very nice ssra30 ! A few questions about the domeport if I may: How far do you think you were from the Whale Shark when you took the photos ? How did you find the focusing with the domeport? I've read that some suggest to use manual focus on the Olympus 5050 and set it at about 80 cm/31 inches in order to focus on the virtual image and just fire away. Have you tried this ?
Again, very nice shots. The Scuba Gods were surely smiling on you !
Cheers.

reefwreck once bubbled...
Very nice ssra30 ! A few questions about the domeport if I may: How far do you think you were from the Whale Shark when you took the photos ? How did you find the focusing with the domeport? I've read that some suggest to use manual focus on the Olympus 5050 and set it at about 80 cm/31 inches in order to focus on the virtual image and just fire away. Have you tried this ?
Again, very nice shots. The Scuba Gods were surely smiling on you !
Cheers.

Thanks for kind words. I was using continuous autofocus mode throughout the dive. Focusing was very easy and quick in comparison to any macro work. I never tried the manual focus mehtod that you mentioned but that would be interesting to try.
If I remembered right, I was proably about 4 may be 5m away from the shark on the second shot, a bit further on the first, I think. Honestly I did not remember much, just kept shooting and swimming like mad :) I have been using just the Inon WAL alone for awhile, I guess I can and need to get in a quite a bit closer with the domeport.
Another thing to thank the scuba god for, visibility around Hin Pleung on average would be someting like 6-8m and can get downright ugly at 2-3m but on Saturday, the viz was a good 15-20m easily. I must have done something good lately :)

Finesse once bubbled...
Some people have all the luck !!!!

Thanks ssra.....nice stuff!!!!! :)

well, the first time I saw a whaleshark was this past April. My Inon WAL arrived a day after I left for the trip and I was cursing my luck every time I took a picture with just the 35mm lens on the Oly 4040. This time I get to have all the candies and eat them too!

You must have been burning incense and dancing to a chant! Great color as well as subject! :D

I love you guys to death, I really do. But looking at that, I hate you I hate you I hate you. It is unfortunately not whale shark season in the Delaware by Philadelphia right now - I'm told I may have a better shot mid-April.

Dave:)

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom