Pick up after yourself and others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have called people out on that.

Its funny, they don't mind dumping their garbage on the ground but they don't seem to like it when you notice & point it out.

Douchebags do not like to be reminded of their douchebaggery.

Yes, amazing how many people think nothing of littering when it takes no effort not to.

Ironically somebody brought the lake to me today. Apparently somebody's birthday across the street so they parked a DJ on a small trailer in the street while the 3 people in front of the house (yes, thank god only 3) greet drive by well wishers. The radio is broken and making a terrible noise.

I'm sorry about this but it's one day and a way to handle a special event during the Time of Covid. That said, I am surprised that neighbours weren't notified.

I generally agree with you chilly. I mentioned it purely because of the irony of my calling out people thinking the lake is just a place to bring the city with them to and get crazy in instead of appreciating it because it doesn't have the hustle and bustle of the city. The day after my comment those people are not just in my area, but in the street in front of my house with the volume on 11. Since satire is my favorite humor, I immediately thought of this as soon as I opened the door and heard it..

I got that we all live here and we all get to enjoy our lives, and sometimes we affect others with our events and sometimes others affect us and that is OK. For both locations, it's not so much the people but always the tunes on 11. I don't crank my electric guitar because I know not everybody is going to love that sound though I might have the right to play for a while. I don't expect them to grandma it and play it on 2 but there's a happy medium between inaudible and 11 which we rarely hit.

And I agree on the notifying the neighbors thing. Expecting it and planning for the party or the pool install next door, cement truck in the backyard, starting at 7 AM, etc is a lot easier to take.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom