Pic & Chat thread 4 after 6th Annual Venice Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully SOMEONE caught this. I thought Miss D was the PERFECT representative!

:doh2::blush:

Just spoke with ScubaQuester/Paul. He called to say we made the news :D He also called to say that he is keen on doing more events like this :wave:

Dennis the chipotle mac and cheese came in a huge crockpot and was annihilated. I have to admit, I think I had two, okay three, helpings :blush: Guess we'll have to ask Brad and his missus to double it for next time :D

Dennis, how did I miss seeing you yesterday?? Did you see me??

::suspicious that Dennis was avoiding me!:: :rofl3:

I left early about 12:30-1, I spent some of the morning just dozing in the sun or should I say posing in the sun (see other Dennis post). I haven't dozed at the beach and just caught rays in years. It was exactly what I needed.

I was expecting to see you but I figured that being a WWW those 60 degree reports scared you off.

Wow! What a great time. And like others said, the water was cold, the turkey and food really good and the friends great! Good meeting some new folks and catching up with those I have known a while.

Saw a really cool pipefish, and nothing in the REEF ID book resembles it. An honest 10", pale with dark bars, clear dorselfin, on the bottom using the sand as camouflage. Saw a couple small unafraid grouper that were obviously undersized (cause they were still alive!), a sea robin, and a few others, not nearly as many as at Alhambra. Got a few teeth, nothing spectacular, at least did not come in empty handed.
The dive itself is worthy of its own thread only because there is so much to be learned from it. Thankfully all ended well for my buddy and myself, and we both learned a bit more about diving. As for me, wearing all that neoprene, the hood and the weight in itself was something I am not used to doing, then add in a mask that kept flooding. When I finally got that taken care of, it started fogging! GRRRHHH!! The swim back in was of olympian proportions and in post dive anyalsis probably had a good CO2 headache. I know I was tired and managed to sleep fairly well.
Which reminds me.. thanks to the Bulla clan for hosting Hermit Crab, Charlie and I. Always a pleasure staying with ya!
Thanks ALL!!!! Looking forward to the Summer diving (because the water is warm and I don't have to wear as much neoprene) and then of course next years festivities!!

Had a Great time with everyone Yesterday!! I must say it was a better turn out than last year. Although I did not get in the water I had a blast with everyone and meeting new friends.

Thank You to My other half (Truck1 aka Rico) and Scott for cooking and carving those wonderful birds and thank you to Scuba Quest for providing everything they did. The Food was very Yummy and I am looking forward to our next get together

First pictures posted from the dive.. I'm sticking them on my Google album since they're still raw:

Pictures

There are some from the Pier and even a picture of the Venice NOAA weather station.

Very nice pictures!!!

I left early about 12:30-1, I spent some of the morning just dozing in the sun or should I say posing in the sun (see other Dennis post). I haven't dozed at the beach and just caught rays in years. It was exactly what I needed.

I was expecting to see you but I figured that being a WWW those 60 degree reports scared you off.
Well darnitol, I didn't even get to the picnic until about 12:15 between leaving late, making a couple of stops, and getting stuck in some traffic.

I actually went to the water's edge, dipped my toes in, and...SCREAMED!!! OMG that was CCCCCCOLD!!!!

Hey can we get the recipe for the Chipotle Mac 'n' Cheese??? :blinking:

Hey can we get the recipe for the Chipotle Mac 'n' Cheese??? :blinking:

Great minds.... I tried getting that recipe today. However, Brad's missus is part of one of the most delicious restaurants ever, Flemings, and it happens to be a confidential recipe. Grrrrr.

Wonder if we kidnapped Brad, ifhis wife would find him worth the recipe? :devil::popcorn::rofl3:

Edit: found the recipe. It was actually posted by Fleming's top chef. If anyone would like it, please pm me.pi

Col, finally got to see the piccers :D Good stuff!

Last edited:
We had a great time. It was great being a poser! The organization of the event was superb, hats off to Traci and ScubaQuest. Those were the best deep fryed turkey's we ever had, to many great sides to list.

More pics to come.

Attachments

• 290Mirror Lake Lakeland290November 29, 2008-93.jpg
    290Mirror Lake Lakeland290November 29, 2008-93.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 290Mirror Lake Lakeland290November 29, 2008-99.jpg
    290Mirror Lake Lakeland290November 29, 2008-99.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Conch Shell Switch Hitter-97.jpg
    Conch Shell Switch Hitter-97.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 51
Great Raffle Prizes!