Pic & Chat thread 4 after 6th Annual Venice Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soo.. as you can only imagine there are one liners said earnest innocense now turned into historical hystericals!

Various - "Dennis, show her your big bone!" - Cardzard's find of a whale vertebrae which he had to repeatedly pull out to show.

Attachments

• TFryAfterTday 055.jpg
    TFryAfterTday 055.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
BY FAR, this was our best Turkey Fry and Dive ever. Kudos to MissD, the cooks, the ScubaBoard Friars (no funny hair cut), to Scuba Quester (Paul) and his entire gang of Scuba Questerians.

The organization was the best ever! The tent rocked, and it kept the food safe and clean while the tables provided a place for ALL of the food to be put out at once! I was amazed at how much MORE food was consumed than at any other year. Pan after pan of food just magically disappeared. 5 turkeys were consumed and there was just a little left as I left.

The camaraderie was also the best ever. I didn't see a single clique as everyone talked to everyone else as we shared a communal dinner together. Hugs and hand shakes were common and there was absolutely no drama about someone being left out. I was truly glad to be a part of this group. It was magical!

The water was chilly and the surf zone was kinda rough. I had difficulty getting my fins on, but I had some great help from a new member I had recruited from the Florida Dive Show. We both kicked out about 10-15 minutes to just past the end of the pier and dropped. The hunt was on. I had an unusually short dive: about 80 minutes. I had fewer than normal teeth as well: only 72. However, I also found a horse tooth with was cool. I was chilled as I got out of the water, but the exit was far easier than Alhambra. Far easier. As an aside, there was very little patch reef at this site. I saw and caught a pipe fish with my hand and saw the usual fishy subjects, but I missed having a reef to play on.

My advice? Don't miss the 7th edition of this fantastic event. It's only bound to get better and grow even more.

Thanks to all. What a great turn out.

Glad to finally meet everyone whom I've read about or have read in posts. Lots of new buds.

I got approval from the missus and she'll attend more functions if they're like this. Whoopie! :D She still thinks I'm nuts for getting in that freaking cold water!

Soo.. as you can only imagine there are one liners said earnest innocense now turned into historical hystericals!

Various - "Dennis, show her your big bone!" - Cardzard's find of a whale vertebrae which he had to repeatedly pull out to show.

<snicker>

Hey Col you think you could post more pics like this? My browser isn't liking picasso for some reason, so I am missing out on your shots :shocked2:

Those damn pies! (CBulla's and KBulla's Apple crumb pie w/ fresh Michigan Apples) I left it on the counter and been snacking on it all night. Half gone! Awesome.

I had the time of my life! I am SOOO glad I took the day off from work and drove over. A perfect day in every way! Thank you, ScubaBoard friends!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom