Phuket lodging ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquamann

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are headed to Phuket next year for a week on the Black Manta and were looking at a couple of places to stay while we are on the island. We are going to arrive a couple of days before the boat leaves so one of the places we are looking at just for resting up after the long flight from the states is the Pacific Club Spa Resort in Karon and the other is Delight Villas Kata Beach for a week after the boat. The second one in Kata we were just looking for a place near the beach that was pretty quiet and relaxing. They both have some good reviews on Trip Advisor and look good on their web pages, but as we all know everything looks good online. I know there are quite a few Phuket residents on this board and was curious if any of you are familar with either of these places and if they are a good choice for what we want.

Hi Aquaman,

What month next year are you going? Rates and availability can differ transtically on when exactly you plan on going. I stayed in Karon beach and enjoyed it as it is away from the noise and craziness of Patong, which is always a cheap tuk tuk ride away if you would like to see.

We are going to be there the end of Feb. through the first week of Mar.

I stayed at Kata Happy House when I was there last year. It's off the beaten path so you'd need a motorbike or catch taxis to get to where the "action" is. They have a nice resturant, rooms are clean, and the staff is great. www.katahappyhouse.com

Wherever you decide to stay, two must go places for food are in Kata. One is Lucky Tom's, great Thai food and a variety of European food as well. The other is a steak place that just is awesome and priced right. I cannot remember the name, but it is on the same road a Lucky Tom's and has the grill right up front with a redish hood. Can't miss it.

stevenl:
I presume you mean The Coffeepot on Thaina Road?
That would be the place. He has a lot more than steak and everything is great.

The Kata Delight Villas are nicely located within walking distance to Kata beach, some great restaurants and some good shopping etc. The Pacific Spa resort is really nice - a little more luxurious by comparison but you really do need your own transport or to rely on the tuk tuk's or taxis if you want to go anywhere. The restaurant there is also excellent as it is owned by the same guy who owns the Karon Cafe near the circle in Karon. Great Cowboy breakfasts there!

Since you read or are a member of Tripadvisor (so am I) I have to say that most of their members tend to stay at the Pacific Spa as they all tend to go to the same hotel establishments recommended on the forums by other members.

Hope this helps.

Chantal

Thanks Chantal for the info.. Like you said, I was just going by the reviews I had read on TA. I wasn't really aware of it's proximity to the beach or other places to eat. We would like to be closer to the beach, but not spend a fortune to do so. Do you know anything about the Boomerang Cottages?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom