Phuket day trip & DC recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asphyrna

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Phuket from Dec. 31 - Jan 5 and am looking for a good DC to do either one or two day trips. Any recommendations? I've done the big tourist boats in the Great Barrier Reef and I did see a lot, but am not a huge fan of the "40 people on board and in the water" experience. Anyone know of any DCs of equal quality or caliber, but with smaller boats or dive groups?

Thanks!

You have to realize that you will be in the region exactly during high peak season. All boats will be full. However, even on full boats, the dive groups are small. It's nothing like what you are probably accustomed to from Mexico with big boats and one DM.

Also take into account that on some boats the number of divers will be limited, whereas on others they simply pile up until nobody can be sqeezed in anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom