Phuket and Koh Phi Phi mid Nov - dive ops recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheahcl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Dear all,

I would be spending 3 nights in Phuket, then 3 nights on Koh Phi Phi and another 2 nights in Phuket mid November. We would like to do 2 day-trips at each location.

From Phuket, I was thinking Racha Yai/Noi area for 1 trip and Shark Point/Anemone Reef area for another.

From Koh Phi Phi, hopefully Koh Bida Nai/Nok for 1 trip and Hin Muang and Hin Daeng for another.

What kinda prices are we looking at for a 3 dive/day trip? Dive ops don't disclose much on their websites unlike those in Cozumel. We're price sensitive but still need safe equipments as we only have the basics (mask/fin/snorkel) and a good DM (experienced in the area). Recommendations would be awesome, and if you run a dive ops in either area, please don't hesitate to contact me through PM.

Thanks! :D

For Phuket, the prices depend on which operator/boat you book on, and that may depend partly on which day of the week you plan to dive. The ops have set weekly schedules. For a three-dive daytrip you can expect to pay more or less 3,600-3,900 THB plus equipment rental costs. The rates for Phi Phi for Hin Daeng are likely to be about 5,000 or more for two dives. A trip to the Bidas would be about half that for two dives.

From Phuket, I was thinking Racha Yai/Noi area for 1 trip and Shark Point/Anemone Reef area for another.

From Koh Phi Phi, hopefully Koh Bida Nai/Nok for 1 trip and Hin Muang and Hin Daeng for another.
Yes, both these schedules make a lot of sense. From Phi Phi also Phi P{hi Shark Point, Hin Bida, is a very nice dive and worth it.

From Phuket besides the Racha Noi/Yai trip you mention, you could do King Cruiser-Shark Point-Koh Doc Mai, your cheapest option at 3,400 Baht, Shark Point-Anemone Reef-Koh Doc Mai, possible a few days a week at 3,700-3,800 Baht, or KIng Cruiser-Shark Point-Anemone Reef, only possible on Tuesdays @ 3,700 Baht. Personally I would prefer the latter trip if it fits your schedule.

great! thanks for the inputs, will look into it. flying off tomorrow actually... haha was swamped with work to do any further research.

I'm guessing both of you are dive ops in Phuket? Will probably check you out. cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom