Photoshop and processing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vesebr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey! I just got back from my trip to Akumal, Mexico and have some great pictures. I wanted to run them through photoshop to fix the levels, but I realized that my automated filter for that was deleted when I formatted my computer.

Does anyone have a downloadable extension(?) for photoshop that will let me more or less 1-click my photos to more vibrant colors? Even better, is there a way to to it with multiple photos at a time? Is there any free online tool for it that doesn't require photoshop?

Look into Lightroom. It's much better for processing images like this. Once you process one you can save the settings as a preset and apply it automatically to all others. Also it is great for cataloging, aging and uploading images to Flickr etc.
adobe made this program specifically for processing digital images. You should only need. Photoshop for large retouching problems or photo manipulation. Everything else can be done in Lightroom.

I agree, Lightroom is a about the only thing I use anymore.

Well yea, Lightroom is a great tool but it can't make the decisions for you. There's no such thing as "one-click fix all my photos." Sure there's an "auto" in the exposure panel but it rarely gets it just right. If you really want your photos to look good you'll still have to edit each of them individually.

I've never believed that 'one-click processes' do a great job for underwater photo correction. It's far more worthwhile to spend a couple of minutes individually tuning each quality photo for the best output.

Here's a walk-through of the procedure I use: 5 Minute Photoshop Edit | Underwater Photography | Techniques

If you really just want a plug-in, then investigate the following resources:

Underwater Actions/Depth of Field/Layers Plug-ins Download (Jack/Sue Drafahl)

Downloads

Underwater Photography & Video Portal - DivePhotoGuide.com

Photoshop Tutorials & Adobe Photoshop Plugins | PhotoshopSupport.com

http://www.thepluginsite.com/resources/freeps.htm

Adobe Photoshop for Underwater Photographers - Drafahl, Jack; Drafahl, Sue - Book - IBS

Well yea, Lightroom is a great tool but it can't make the decisions for you. There's no such thing as "one-click fix all my photos." Sure there's an "auto" in the exposure panel but it rarely gets it just right. If you really want your photos to look good you'll still have to edit each of them individually.

Agreed. But with a little practice lightroom is very user friendly and allows you a good range to play in.

Back
Top Bottom