photos ( very blue looking)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamarcp

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys i just returned from a trip to cozumel and i took a bunch of underwater pictures, this being my first time. I got home and i put the pictures on my computer and i am really impressed on how they turned out. my wife just got home from getting them developed and i think alot of them look like crap, they look really light blue and light in coulour, i dont understand because on the computer they look really good, i was wondering if you guys think walmart messed them up or do they change coulour a little bit once you get them developed, any information would be great.

Thanks marc the newbie photagrapher

ps my camera is a olympus 710

First, this is the wrong part of the underwater photography forum for your message. The moderators will probably move it to Tips and Techniques or the general underwater photography forum.

Some photo developers will attempt to perform "color correction" to your photos. When I was printing some photos at Costco the other day, I noticed a box I could check on the order form to prevent post processing if I had already Photoshopped the images. This kind of processing would probably do strange things to your photos. In trying to correct the images, the processor would probably lighten the blues while trying to increase the greens and majorly pump up the reds. This might make a brighter image with strange pink and whitish hues. Or perhaps it would do something else.

One other option is that your monitor is seriously out of calibration such tha things look good on the monitor (probably once you adjust them) and bad at the printer. I don't suspect that this is your issue.

David

What type of Camera did you use? Did it have the red, blue, etc filters in it? It could just be you didnt have the right type of camera for underwater use....

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom