Photos sharing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsjr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I saw a post I'm sure on this forum that mentioned this, but I can't find it to reply so excuse this if it's in the wrong place.

I ran across a site MyDive.photos and signed up, but before I uploaded any images I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be sold off. So being the curious painful user I am, I emailed the site owner/maintenance guy to ask what's the story about my photos.

He replied back saying that the images don't get sold, the rights always remain with the original publisher of the photo, and they do not allow hot linking to the site. I'm happy with that response, but when free stuff is being given away I really couldn't leave it at that, so off went another email asking for more information, and John was happy enough to reply saying that the free prizes are supplied by local businesses/ companies in return for exposure, and the site costs have been born by him until the site gets enough advertising to be self sufficient. He also stated that the site was launched as a project site, so there were no underlying "tricks" to make money, he has a job outside so it's a hobby of his.

anyone else heard about it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom