Photos from Sunday's Dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. I guess that shrimp thinks you're a fish and is cleaning your mouth. Looks like it could be painful. I don't know if I could let it do that to me. BTW, I get a kick out of the text explaining the pictures-'random dive in Maui'. Must be nice to have so many dives that a dive in Maui is run of the mill:)

Aloha NJDevislfan,
Don't misunderstand me when I say "random dive". It in no way means a "run of the mill" dive. What is does mean is that the dive site does not have a specific name. I do all my diving from my kayak so I drop down on random spots at random depths then drift with the kayak just to see what I can find. Believe me, I am always thankful that I live here and don't take it for granted.
As for the shrimp reaching inside my GF's mouth, she is a pretty gutsy person but those Cleaner Shrimp will do that rather quickly when you offer them your mouth. They likely think it is a fish.
:shades:

Cool - that could save on dentist visits for regular cleanings.... now if we can figure out how to get insurance to cover the dive trip for a visit to the cleaning station....

I called them today and said I needed my teeth cleaned in Hawaii by a shrimp. They said fine and off I go. Gilligan, they want to know if there is a hotel in the same town you live in. They want to know they are getting their money's worth!

rodney

Rodney,
Tell em that shrimp is an outstanding member of the American Dental Association and your trip to Maui is worth every penny.
:jdrop:

A buddy of mine guides some tourists to various dive spots on maui. He is tempted to take a photo of a cleaner shrimp on his butt so after the dive he can show them where the cleaner shrimp was yesterday :D

Al Mialkovsky once bubbled...
A buddy of mine guides some tourists to various dive spots on maui. He is tempted to take a photo of a cleaner shrimp on his butt so after the dive he can show them where the cleaner shrimp was yesterday :D

I hate to say which Doctor visit this would be covered for.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom