Photos from Monday's (9/29) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you do the falloff blur on the corners of the images?

~Matt Segal

Aloha Matt,
No doubt there are several ways to do it but this is how I do it in Photoshop:
1. On the tool pallette select the color you want the feather to be, black for a black page etc. Put the color in the background of the two color sample squares.
2. Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to place the dotted lines close to the edges of the photo. I just eyeball it.
3. Go to "Select" "Inverse"
4. Go to "Select" "Feather" (type in the size of the feathering you want. I use 3 pixels.
5. Hold down the "Ctrl", "Alt" and "Backspace" keys. That will apply the feathering.
6. Hold down the "Ctrl" and "D" keys to get rid of the Marquee tool.
:shades:

Aloha richhagelin,
The photos are from random patch reefs at 70 feet in the Makena area of South Maui. More specifically, I launch my dive kayak from Makena Landing, paddle out, then use a hand held depth finder to choose a depth to drop down and drift on.
:shades:

I love the colors of your subjects.

Do you know if your feathering technique will work in PS Elements?

Nice pics... I like your colors too... how do you get such clear pictures under water? do you have a flash or strobe? I wish my pictures are half as good...

IMO, you should never use digital zoom........you can disable it in your menu palette

Karl

Back
Top Bottom