Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jun Lao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
hi everyone, just wanted to share was able to bring my Huawei P20 pro underwater thanks to the Weefine UW housing,

after that weekend, I'm quite convinced using mobile phones for more serious underwater photography is plausible, here are some samples

38909288_1808954305863579_6084897141401059328_n.jpg

39083388_1808954405863569_1537778431486328832_n.jpg

NUDI%20P20%20PRO.jpg

i've included a quick review about it, just wanted to share this with other passionate underwater photographers outside my circle of friends

Huawei P20 Pro Gone Diving with the Weefine One Size Fits All Underwater Smarthousing Review - PaparazSea

Attachments

• NUDI P20 PRO.jpg
    NUDI P20 PRO.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 109
Nice pictures.
Nevertheless, I just got a Weefine housing and wanted to test it with my P20 Pro and I am disappointed or somehow perplex on your findings. Basically, the phone fits into the housing, but the lower lens of the P20 pro is pressed onto a sharp edge. The window is too small for the P20 Pro lens system, so that the lower lens only sees half of the outside while pressed onto the window edge. I am really concerned that the sharp edge will damage the lens when pumping out air of the housing. With that finding I rate this housing rather useless for the P20 pro. Did you not experience this issue?

i have the housing without a grip mount or light yet. It is very negatively buoyant and tips forward with the macro on. what are you all doing to counteract this?

There have been housing for mobile phones since a few years and I do not see why this would be a success

Your mobile phone is a vital device and people store their entire life inside it furthermore goods ones are expensive and people do not carry back up

Why would anyone want to risk their mobile phone as underwater device is beyond me, I would not no matter what quality you can get out of it and back ups

the real issue is smartphone have killed compact cameras on land but this does not mean you can make underwater housings for them

There have been housing for mobile phones since a few years and I do not see why this would be a success

Your mobile phone is a vital device and people store their entire life inside it furthermore goods ones are expensive and people do not carry back up

Why would anyone want to risk their mobile phone as underwater device is beyond me, I would not no matter what quality you can get out of it and back ups

the real issue is smartphone have killed compact cameras on land but this does not mean you can make underwater housings for them
I would not use my primary phone for the reason you stated. I have an unlocked samsung I used for international travel that I will be using for this. It was not that expensive and if it floods i only loose the pictures and don't disrupt everything I use my main phone for. I also have a camera rig but got the weefine to play around with. This housing is very solidly built I can say.

I would not use my primary phone for the reason you stated. I have an unlocked samsung I used for international travel that I will be using for this. It was not that expensive and if it floods i only loose the pictures and don't disrupt everything I use my main phone for. I also have a camera rig but got the weefine to play around with. This housing is very solidly built I can say.

If you are happy to take a spare phone with a camera then you would get a camera like a TG5 that is waterproof. At the end for the smartphone you need housing video lights and an arm set anyway

I just think this is not going to fly if you are in the mindset of getting extra part than you easily get another camera that opens many more option

They have even done a housing for a tablet tell me what is the use case for that as it escapes me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom