Photo Sharing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bags_PR

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I'm new to this board. I would love to share some of my dive pics and would be grateful if you guys can give feedback. I am getting to grips with underwater photography and am sure I can learn a lot on this forum :). Photo's were taken at Mabul, Sipadan and Sharm El Sheikh. Ones in Mabul and Sipadan were taken with a Canon G11 in WP-DC34 (no extra lighting) and the ones in Sharm El Sheikh were taken using a Canon SX230 in WP-DC42 (extra lighting from Xtar D006 800 lumen and Intova Wide Angle 220 Lumen torches).

Would love your comments and feedback :D

Octopus by Bagman1986, on Flickr - Mabul

Frog Fish 4 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Turtle 2 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Sipadan

Pharoah Cuttlefish by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Frog Fish 3 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Frog Fish 2 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Nudi 4 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Porcelain Crab by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Turtle by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Ghost Pipe Fish by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Jack Fish by Bagman1986, on Flickr Sharm El Sheikh

Nudi 1 by Bagman1986, on Flickr Sharm El Sheikh

Lion Fish by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Frog Fish by Bagman1986, on Flickr Mabul

Love the variety of froggies you captured - they are in my top three fav critters :)

Creating black backgrounds can be really effective but my advice is don't overdo it. Nudi 1 would be so much nicer, imho, if it had a more natural background and not the harsh black circle. It works much better with the other froggies, especially FF2 as it's believable that you'd have light fall off behind him.

You're doing a pretty good job with just your oncamera flash, too :) Keep it up and share more!

alcina. thanks for the comments. noted on the black backgrounds :).

With Nudi 1, it was in the Dunraven wreck and the background was pretty greenish and dark as I didn't have sufficient lighting to properly light up the background. So decided to blacken it.

Am hopefully going back to Sipadan/Mabul at the end of the year. Gonna go hunt for some more frogfish :D. They are in my top 3 list of critters too :).

Will share some more over the next week or so :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom