photo probelem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a photo I wish to use in my personal Bio page, I attempted to put it in, but the program said it had to be under a certain pixel count and a certain size in order to work. So I mailed it to a friend who reduced it to under the required size for both pixels, and MB's. When I attempted to post it in it's adjusted new size, I still got the message that it's too big. what are we doing wrong?

When he mailed it back, are you sure you extracted it from your e-mail to your hard drive, and tried to upload the resized one; rather then the original?

I got the new picture as an attachment, then placed it on the desktop after downloading it. I then attempted to insert it into the SB area for those kinda things. It started to upload, but then the error message came up saying that it was too big. It didn't specify which parameter it was that was too big.

do you have a way to "check image properties" and see if it is indeed less than the pixels, mb requirement? your friend might have sent you the wrong pic or he might have gotten it wrong.

also, keep in mind that it has to be smaller than BOTH requirements, not one or the other.

Simply second clicking on the image file and selecting "properties" should show your the height/width and file size for the file which you can compare against our limits.

Back
Top Bottom