Photo of US built ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

This is not really related to diving, but to wreck research. I suspect that a wreck found in the Black sea is the Nicholas, which was built as Albemarle by Moore Sons in 1891, in Wilmington, Delaware. The initial owner was Old Dominion Ss Co.

When I first read about the history of this ship i was happy, thinking it will be easy to find a photo. My previous attempt was to locate a photo of a Russian ship built in Italy and sunk in the end as an Egyptian one, and I thought that will be the hardest. But it seems not.. finding a photo of a US ship is harder.

I was hoping I can get an advice from you guys about where to search for it, what are the most alive forums for this (except for shipsnostalgia). And if I'm really lucky maybe somebody is from Wilmington and I get some local contact/advice :)

Somehow this ship has such a common name that it makes Google alone useless, so a more targeted search is required.

Hello,
And if I'm really lucky maybe somebody is from Wilmington and I get some local contact/advice :)

I'm sitting in Wilmington right now and have never heard of it. I'll continue some self-educational research and let you know if I can find anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom