Photo from Thursday's (9/17) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan....all I get is a 'page cannot be found' message.

Nice shot - I also like when you mouse over the image it gives you the details of the shot. Is that part of the site or did you make the script yourself?!?!?!

Okay, I got the date wrong. Thursday was the 18th not the 17th. That's what happens when you are retired and everyday is the same.
:shades:

It's so neat to see the different kind of fish at different parts of the world.
I have the 4000 /pt-010 and I don't use a strobe either, looking at getting one, but I wonder if it's because the waters so clear that it lights up everything just fine. What's your thought in Hawii.
Do you have any experience with digital zoom, mine comes out grainy, Is that to be expected?

Aloha Abril,
I consider digital zoom to be worthless, especially underwater. Yes, it is grainy. I have resolved myself to not getting a strobe for this camera/housing. Therefore, all my photos have to be closeup, either with macro or optical zoom. Not too far on the optical zoom, as distance will defeat the built in flash. I have more success using the manual settings than the auto ones. I haven't yet mastered using manual white balance from my dive slate while at depth for the "no flash" photos. The photos are not that good. Bottom line is: no strobe = stay real close to the subject. Try setting your internal flash on the max setting (+2.0) for zoom shots and the 0.0 or less setting for macro shots. I shoot mostly between F5.6 and F8 in the A mode of the A/S/M dial. I also + and - the exposure value between shots of the same subject. I think your waters and those here on Maui are clear enough to get by w/o a strobe except if you want more distance and/or want to use a wide angle lens. Of course, if you have the money the strobe is a definite plus.
:shades:

Back
Top Bottom