Photo developing dillema

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Need help. This is for a topside photo problem I have (but could easily apply to UW photo). I wanted to have this photo developed into an 8x10 size....

178260127_c2fad9f88e_m.jpg

This is an uncropped image from a d70s. My problem is that I couldn't get the whole image if I wanted it developed. If I wanted the moon included, I cut off most of the land mass at the bottom. If I wanted the land mass at the bottom included, the moon is gone from the picture. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

just go into PS and Image Size

Then turn off the Constrain Proportions box on the bottom and enter 8 x 10...

you might get a little stretching but shouldn't be very noticeable....

Nice pic too!

Mike Veitch:
just go into PS and Image Size

Then turn off the Constrain Proportions box on the bottom and enter 8 x 10...

you might get a little stretching but shouldn't be very noticeable....

Nice pic too!
Thanks Mike. I think it may work with this photo since it has all that empty space in the middle.

or you could always make an 8.5 x 11 print instead... thats the size of printer paper afterall.. and the same ratio as your photo...

I'm pretty sure the d70 produces at a ratio 8.3" x 12.5" out of the camera. Won't the printer print it on a custom sized paper?

Just zoom in on the moon, do a cut and paste, drop it where you want it and then just lop off the top.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom