Photo database project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just looking to get into UW photo, I'm thinking of doing a project where i create a book of fish for certain reefs and would like to take pics so that I can make a database kind of like the Paul Humann books but this would just be a school project. Any advice on a cheap good camera YOU would house? remember doesnt have to be FANCY just a normal camera I can take decent pics with and touch them up with photoshop.

Thanks

Hmmm, good and cheap? For "relatively" inexpensive, I'm favoring the Olympus 720sw and its Olympus housing -- primarily because the camera is water proof (gulp -- down to 10 feet) so if you get some flooding you actually might not drown the camera.

For a cheap camera, you might want to look at the Bonica Snapper at $315 including housing -- Snapper

As with most things, you WILL get what you pay for.

I wouldn't class the Oly as "good" or "cheap" - I have one and it's ... well, ok. Glad I have it, I guess, as I've had some fun, but wouldn't buy one unless they were about $100.

Have a DM who has one and the housing and images are below "average" though the DM is very happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom