Photo Contest Call for Entries (Beginners Too!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Falk

Reaction score
Hi all -

I wanted to share some exciting U/W Photography news, and I hope this is an OK place to do so.

My dive club, the North Shore Frogmen’s Club, for the first time ever, is opening its underwater photo contest to all amateur photographers. Entries are being accepted now through May 1, 2001. Categories for entry are New England Underwater-Close Up, Cold Water-Close Up, Warm Water-Close Up, Surface Fun, New England Underwater -Standard, Cold Water-Standard, and Warm Water–Standard.

Prizes will be awarded in each category as well as a Most Unusual Photograph Award. All entries will be eligible for publication in the 2002 New England Divers’ Calendar.

Entry forms and complete rules are available via the club’s website at http://www.northshorefrogmen.com, here at Scuba Source http://www.diveclubs.com/nsf or by SASE mailed to the club: PO Box 3604, Peabody, MA 01960.

A cocktail reception and preview of the competition exhibition will be held on Thursday May 17, 2001 at 8:00 PM at the Franco American Club, 44 Park Street Beverly Mass. The General Exhibition will be held on Saturday May 19th & Sunday May 20th, 2001, also at the Franco American Club, between the hours of 1 PM and 5 PM. Admission is free. All who attend are invited to cast their ballots for their favorite photographs.

So, unlike many contests, you don't need to have a technically perfect photo to have a chance - it is being voted on by the attendees, not by photo professionals. And, unlike many contests, all entries will be displayed - not just the winners.

I encourage you all to give it a shot! Our club is really trying to put on a good show, and we'd love your help.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom