Phone Case for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiayx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone.. recently been looking online looking for some water proof case for my phone, as the cheap plastic sealable bag they market as underwater case is a joke that doesnt really work well in water, though it will keep it dry if sealed properly, bump into these..
Spec says works underwater up to 15m, and seller claims it can exceed 15m, but do not go beyond 20m.
i've seen buyers posting ok-ok underwater photos, for free divers, scuba divers and snorkelers..

I am wondering, anyone here purchased something similar? and what is your views?
my old camera rig is dead, canon G11 is dead after an unfortunate incident of dropping the camera with it's canon's transparent plastic case 10m into the sea (from seaventures dive rig).. got back into the sea and retrieve it, but the shock damaged the focusing mechanism and it cost too much to repair..

What do you all think? anyone used these before? i probably wont be going that deep.. probably around 12m to 15m.. i would need some filters if it goes any deeper..

This is one of them. selling for CNY169, or USD23.

1721105177143.png

Here is another one that states it is good up to 20m. But i doubt i can use it underwater without physical buttons.

1721105394278.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom