Phone card to call back to the US from Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Make that "Phone sim card to call back to US from Fiji?"

Help for a phone newbie.

I have a new Nexus 4 phone I bought from Google. I'm going to Fiji in the near future and need to call back to the US about 4-5 times over 10 days during my stay in Fiji.

What is the best thing to do here to get the best cost and ability to call internationally from Fiji back to the US? Do you buy a phone SIM card in Fiji to use? Where? Or is there a plan that I buy in the US before going?

I haven't even purchased a SIM card for use in the US yet so I'm open. After the trip is over, I don't need Fiji to US capability anymore.

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added June 27th, 2013 at 02:15 PM ----------

of course

With all those new Android smart phones/iPhones and wi-fi being easier and easier to come by I would suggest loading Skype onto your phone and using Skype to call back and forth using wi-fi. What's great is if the person/people you are calling have Skype on their phones or computer Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Then it won't matter what SIM card you use. It's the cheapest way I have found to stay in touch with my family in the States while living abroad. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom