Wanted Phoenix First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my cart at VDH. Should I purchase a new mouthpiece and hoses or clean mine up and give it a go? Also, for the life of me I can’t find the single stage diaphragm on the VDH site? Can anyone think of anything else I should purchase to complete this regulator?View attachment 605510

Inspect your hoses and mouthpiece carefully for any cracks, and feel the hoses for stiffness. Stretch the hoses a little and see if anything breaks or cracks. If they pass the test, clean with soapy water and a baby bottle brush.

Get a banjo from scubamuseum before it's sold out.

Keep an eye out for a hookah adapter, in the meantime, you could dive and manually inflate your BCD and use a pony for an alternate reg.

If your second stage diaphragm looks OK you can use it. I haven't seen any new silicone ones recently (let me know if you see any). To use the HPR with the old diaphragm, you need to flatten the tabs or just make sure you align it so the tabs don't get caught on the lever feet.

After all that, your ready to dive!

One thing I found helpful is to download a RAM schematic, and go over all the components, highlighting the parts you need. Keep in mind, the Phoenix/Cyclone is a wholesale part swap out of the first stage. The HPR is similarly a component swap (complete).

FYI - the DBE mounts with silicone adhesive, so you need to have some. The port adapter becomes somewhat needed to set IP as it gives you the ability to connect a LPI hose and use an IP gauge..

I agree with getting a band clamp and wagon wheel valves ( they are probably bad or at least leaky).

Here’s my new cart at VDH. Ordered the banjo fitting, and can clamp from SM and will be ordering the single stage diaphragm shortly. I looking at some hoses at TSM and they say they’re Voit hoses. These should fit my DA Aquamaster correct?
A895B8E8-5B0F-406C-8860-F35FA74941F2.png
9F1DA944-B8DD-422D-8D3E-689523E4D3DF.png

You are going to need a new HP diaphragm Store | Vintage Double Hose

I would also suggest the gasket to go with the above diaphragm Store | Vintage Double Hose

The last item on your list is for a Mistral, it will not work in a DA/RAM you need Store | Vintage Double Hose

I don't see main diaphragms on VDH but the Scuba Museum has some gray ones for Voits that will work fine, you are building a nice reg, don't skimp on this part, it has a major effect on the operation of the reg. If you want black I would try emailing VDH, he may have some that are not listed. Rob at SM may have black as well, an email would not hurt. With the HPR, you need the single stage one (for Mistral), not the one for the original second stage on the DA/RAM
About Us

The hoses for both Voit and USD double hose regs are the same so you can use any of them. They are 1 inch on one end and 1 1/2 on the other.

A word of caution. When installing the Cyclone take care when torquing it down. If you are using the white nylon gasket, you can EASILY over tighten it and damage it. If on the other hand you are using the hard brown one, it MUST be installed straight or you will damage it. It on the other hand requires a good bit of torque. Lessons learned the hard way. A spare gasket in our order is not a bad idea. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom