Philippino Wrasse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus.s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I'm trying to identify the species of this wrasse, but the coloring does not fit with anything in my books... Size was, as I remember it, about 150mm, so I don't think it's a juvenile.

Picture from Malapascua, Philippines in February this year.

Thanks,
// Magnus;

Attachments

• P5090065_small.jpg
    P5090065_small.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 58
Just this weekend I saw an episode of Monty Hall's Great Ocean Adventures on Animal Planet which featured the Thresher Shark seen at Malapascua. Fascinating episode and I'd love to one day see the Threser Shark, what a beauty!

Did you have any such luck?

Did you have any such luck?

I've been to Malapascua twice, Feb-06 and May-08 and I have done about ten early morning dives on Monad Shoal and I have seen Threshers on more then half of these. It's been from 15 seconds encounters to half a dive. On the last dive on the last dive we had a Thresher competing with a Manta about the cleaning service, it ended with a light collision, a very agitated Thresher and a not so bothered Manta :)

I will most likely go back to Malapascua, Threshers are among the most beautiful things I have ever seen... This said, I know there people who have been to Malapascua several times without seeing anything...

A dark and very blue picture of the Thresher that later collided with the Manta.

Best,
// Magnus;

Last edited:
...and I have seen Threshers on more then half of these. It's been from 15 seconds encounters to half a dive.

Wow, that so totally rocks! And I love the pic, even if it is dark, it just adds to the enigmatic character of this fish.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom