Philippines or Thailand in July/August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rokstar

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, great to be here and chatting with everyone :)

I am relatively new to diving and am planning a trip to either Thailand or Philippines
in July/August. I have read that these are not the best months to dive but
wanted to know where the best diving would be in these two countries at that time.

I have read that Koh Tao in Thailand is great in July/August and that certain spots
in the Philippines are also good. I am travelling alone so would like to meet people too.

I would really love to spend some time on a liveaboard boat, perhaps 4 or 5 days.

Would love some advice from people that have dived in these months or been
on live aboards in either country.

Looking forward to hearing from you
:) Rokstar

From Aus either destination is going to give you cheap flight opportunities. I cant comment on the Phillipines but have lived and dived in Thailand - diving goes on year round, ok there are a couple of days here and there where its stormy so the sensible operaters who care about their divers dont go out but its not as though you are going to miss out on any opportunity to dive (you get wet anyway) - Koh Tao and Koh Lanta both have big backpacker scenes and you shouldnt have any trouble meeting people to party with. I particularly like Krabi (Ao Nang and Railay beaches) for some quiet chilled time. Depends on what you are after - nightclubbing or chilling - either way you will find like minded people and good diving - enjoy your trip.

Thanks Wingy, much appreciated.
What would you suggest in teh way of liveaboards on a medium budget?.. Where would you go that time
of year and what kind of money is reasonable for 4 or 5 days out diving?
Cheers :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom