Philippines for 2-3 months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

david.w.johnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

As I approach true retirement, I am thinking of some long trips to explore. I am an experienced diver and plan to attend instructor training at the beginning of true retirement. That way, I might be able to lend a hand to a dive shop wherever my stays end up.

I have read of the amazing diving in Philippines for years. I have only had a two week stay in Bali, but find island life is fantastic.

If I was planning a two to three month stay in the Philippines, I would shoot for the stars: villa outside the city, assist a local dive shop, rent a scooter, do some exploration, get a taste of the place...

Any recommendations are welcome. I see Subic Bay is recommended and at least outside the Manila area. Anyone know of something a bit more rustic / remote?

Many thanks!

Respectfully,
David

Hi David, how are you? I just came across your post today and thought I would reply. There are so many good places to dive in the Philippines. I am currently based in Bohol but have dived in most of the well-known diving locations here. I also did the same as you and did my instructor cert when I finished working. I don't work full-time, but just help out at a great dive center whenever they need me. It gives me a little pocket money:)

If you have any more questions about living, diving, or anything else Philippines related, then feel free to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom