philippines family vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bob.s

Reaction score
I am going to anilao in december to dive...my girlfriend is from manila and she is going back to spend christmas with her family...i get to spend 8 days diving anilao yay ! then we have 3 days to spend with her family at christmas...she wants to stay in a resort and rent about 4 rooms and bring her family..any one have any ideas on a place that would cater to a family and lots of kids.....on the water...with family activities....if they also have diving that would be a plus for me : ) but not totally neccesary : ( ...we looked into puerto galera and thought it might be to much traveling for all her family...the place im at in anilao is not really family oriented , somewhere near batangas would be good since thats where her dad lives...the rest of the family is in manila...so ideally it would be in the manila -batangas area on a beach with good food and nice rooms

any help would be appreciated thanks Bob

I have been in a similar position, my wife is from Batangas but also an open water diver. Who is going to pay for all this? You are correct, Anilao is for divers. Not knowing your girlfriend's family background, I would rent 4 rooms at a 4 star hotel/resort in Manila near a Megamall. The kids can play in the pool, watch TV and the adults can take in the Christmas Holiday in Manila. My favorite time of the year to be in Manila is Christmas. Hauling that many people out side Manila during Christmas season would be a disaster! If it had to be a resort out side Manila go for the Cavite area just south of Manila.

If this were me, I would make it 10.5 days of diving and 1/2 a day with her family in Manila! Good Luck!

I'll join the club. My wife is also from Batangas and I spend lots of time in Anilao also.

My wife isn't a diver and after about 1 day in Anilao she starts to get bored - 3 days, forget it! There just isn't enough to do to keep the family, especially the kiddies, amused at most of the resorts there for 3 days. I have brought non divers with me to Anilao but I'd only do it for an overnight at most. The beaches are all rock (with a fair number of sea urchins and other critters) so not very kid friendly. You can take the family on a boat trip for one day out to maricaban and sombrero islands, it's a really pretty trip and fun for people not used to being on boats (can be kind of scary for landlubbers on a pitching banca though). It's fun for them to see what you get up to when you are diving and also check out the nice beaches on the islands. After one day of that though you've just about run out of things to do.

If it were me I'd be tempted to take your family over to White Beach in Puerto Galera. Take one of the ferries from Batangas pier that go directly to white beach and it saves the hassle of switching to other transport in puerto galera so the travel time really isn't that bad or much of a hassle. The ferries are extra big bancas and the weather at that time of year should be pretty fair and reliable. The whole trip shouldn't take more than an hour and a half. Now, the drive down from Manila is another story, especially at christmas . . . but you'll face that wherever you decide to go.

2 years ago we went to White beach for 4 days just after Christmas. My son (12), a friend and I are divers and my wife, mother in law, daughter (4) and a friend aren't. We managed to balance things quite well and there was enough to do to keep people happy and amused for the 4 full days. A day on the beach, next day a trip into the poblacion in puerto galera, motorcycles and a short trip to the outlying hills, etc. It was especially nice to have a pretty beach for the kids to play on - kids are never bored when they have about a kilometer of sandy beach to explore!

If you do decide to stay in Batangas you could also go to places up the coast in the Nasugbu area. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the diving up there though I've heard nasty stories about dynamite fishing gone wild. On the other hand though, there has been a lot of attention the past year to protecting mantas that seem to be somewhat common up there. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chip in some advice.

Good luck and have a fun trip!

PS If you have 8 full days to yourself you ought to consider doing some diving in puerto galera also. One fun way I've done is to go to anilao first and then after a few days have a banca bring you over to puerto galera. On the way go to some of the dive sites that are a bit further out like verde island / San Agapito point (wow, what a great dive! - you could easily spend a 3 dive morning there) and then have the banca drop you off in the afternoon at puerto galera (actually easier to go straight to Sabang beach where all the dive sites are, closer too). Do a couple of days diving there and then have a prearranged pickup with your banceros in Anilao to get you in the morning and then hit a dive site like Malahibong Manok on the way back to Anilao. Lot's more fun than spending 2 full days travelling to the batangas ferry pier and taking a big ferry over and back. This way you don't miss out on 2 days of diving and you get to go to some of the less travelled to dive sites along the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom