Philippines Based Air Ticket Consolidator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for discount tickets on Philippine Airlines which I hear are possible from consolidators. Any suggestions appreciated.

Get yourself registered with eg. PAL and 5J.
Check their webs regularly.
PAL fare is usually higher than 5J but it does come with check bag allowance. If you are flying into the country with PAL, it is imperative to book both international and domestic as one through ticket.

Trying to find consolidator with cheap premium / biz class fare access. Apparently much cheaper for Phl that way.

How much cheaper is cheaper? I used a consolidator to purchase a business class ticket from LA to Manila on Asiana airlines a few years ago. After checking out the major travel websites I did end up saving about $350 off the lowest price I could find that had a good schedule and matched my dates. I usually find that Philippine airlines tickets are more expensive than others maybe because of the non-stop or direct flights to Manila (sometimes they do stop to refuel in Guam). The problem with consolidators or at least the one I used is that they purchase other peoples frequent flyer miles and use those to purchase your ticket. I had no problem with my ticket--everything was normal when checking in etc., but I think airlines if they want can cancel your ticket for using this practice of using someone else's frequent flyer miles. The stress I incurred thinking this may happen even though I had no problems was enough to stop me from doing it again. Once my tickets were booked by the consolidator I went to the airlines website and checked to make sure I had a booked ticket--I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom