Philippine Diving Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are midway through our first Philippine dive trip. Last week was at Arthur's and now at La Laguna Beach Club on Sabang. My overall reaction is the soft coral is beautiful and small tropical fish are available by the thousands. I am hooked, and will start planning another trip soon. It's worth the 9500 mile trip from the States.

Post some pictures if you got 'em. :wink: Keep enjoying your stay here in Philippines.

I live here in the Philippines and dive regularly, I'd agree with you and the wreck diving is good too, just got back from Subic Bay. If you get back to Anilao, get them to take you to a dive site called Beatrice, it's the other side of Sombrero Island... It makes Arthur's Rock look lifeless. I'm heading down there with my camera in just over a week... can't wait :)

Shhhhhh.......don't tell just anyone about diving in the Philippines.......
TELL EVERYONE!!!!

We are midway through our first Philippine dive trip. Last week was at Arthur's and now at La Laguna Beach Club on Sabang. My overall reaction is the soft coral is beautiful and small tropical fish are available by the thousands. I am hooked, and will start planning another trip soon. It's worth the 9500 mile trip from the States.

If you liked diving in Luzon (North), wait till you start diving down South in the Visayas and Mindanao

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

I did some diving around Sombrero while at Arthur's. All I can remember is extremely lush coral gardens in shallow water. On this trip I completed 20 dives. At Sabang I felt totally dialed in. I actually switched my computer to metric to take advantage of the depth 10cm calibration and spare the guide from having to convert to feet, which seemed to give him trouble. The Mermaid has a problem with her ears, so I had 5 private dives. One of the more exciting adventures was Canyons, a deep site with a strong current and some big fish. That one I did with a Quantas pilot who is slightly younger than my son. He had only 50 dives, but was enthusiastic and executed the dive perfectly.

La Laguna turned out to be perfect for our needs. Their dive center is well organized, rooms are nice, food in the restaurant is good and they have a great happy hour. We ate at Full Moon a few times, too. We also enjoyed Arthurs, although the hotel is a bit on the quiet side. For two nights we were the only ones there. The service was amazing because they had nobody else to wait on. I liked their food too. The rooms at Arthur's were more basic, but there was a wonderful porch were the Mermaid could sit and read while looking at the water. She really likes that.

I would like to return to the Philippine Islands, soon, perhaps March or April. This forum will be my primary research tool as so far it has been a good source.

Here are a few above water pictures. I don't shoot underwater, for some bizarre reason.

Philippine Islands Scuba Trip « Ron Scubadiver's Photo Houston

Hi Ron,
If you ever go back to PG make sure you dive Verde Island. Quantas pilot seems attracted by LBC, oz link?

I can only say the Quantas pilot is a young guy who is very enthusiastic about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom