Phi Phi DM internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anticarus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have the months of June, July, and August free, and I would like to spend them diving off the west coast of Thailand. I am currently a PADI Open Water diver, but would like to devote myself to improving my diving skills, knowledge and experience for those three months, preferably achieving DM working as an intern. My main concern is being able to dive constantly on a wide variety of sites - however this needs to be cost-effective.

I realize this will be monsoon season, but I can't do much about that. Any recommendations on who to dive with or other suggestions?

You will probably struggle to find a place on the west coast to do much diving during this period. The Similan and Surin National Parks are closed from mid May to mid November and the monsoon in this region is no joke.

June-August is when the Gulf of Thailand comes into its own so DM training in Koh Tao would be a good option. This would also bring a lifestyle that is attractive to many and allow you to build up contacts for future work.

Also, even though it is low season in the Krabi region also, some of the best diving often occurs during this period. Nevertheless, it can be a hit and miss and there may not be enough tourists coming through to give you the practice that a DM trainee really needs. However, a busy dive school in Phi Phi could be the best option for you during this time.

My other option would be to get out of Thailand and go to the Perhentian Islands in Malysia for your training. PM me if you want any particular recommendations of dive schools.

Have fun!

I second Koh Tao as an option as well. The expenses will be low and the diving is prime that time of year.

I am interested in DM/Instructor classes,I enjoyed the Perentian Islands in 2000.Has it changed a lot and what schools would you recommend?Also what schools in Thailand have quality diving that you would recommend?Price is important thank you

Phi Phi is an excellent choice for doing your internship and offers great year-round diving. There's good beach diving and the main dive sites are only short boat rides away from the dive shops and resorts.
Even on days when the weather isn't all that favorable you will be able to dive as much as you like on Phi Phi.
I recommend you do a bit of a Google search on Phi Phi dive centers, contact them and see what they can do for you.

Back
Top Bottom