Phi Phi Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for recommendations for a dive shop on Phi Phi. Plan to do 2 days of diving in March. Right now I'm looking at Blue View Divers or Barakuda. Looks like it's a small long tail boat verse a larger boat. Any experience with either of these or any other operator?

well I finished my dm course with barakuda and they are nice and professional .

I did 6 fun dives in early November with Blue View Divers. The longtail boat is certainly something special. On the most crowded of my three days we had two instructors, two OWD students and two fun divers on the boat. There's not a lot of space but it's essentially your private boat, you have a big influence on the dive site you'll go to. In very choppy waters I would not recommend the longtail boat, as it will rock quite a bit. I don't get seasick easily, but did feel a bit queasy on one of the days. The people are super nice, but I guess that's true for a lot of shops. I suppose your decision essentially comes down to small, (almost private) boat or bigger, more comfortable boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom