PG in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am thinking of going to PG this November, also the Mermaid is coming along. Airfares look darn reasonable, especially considering the distance.

1. Is there any sort of a major weather problem in November?

2. Are there still no ATM's in PG? Going to someplace to get a cash advance involves very steep fees for us.

3. I expect enough places take credit cards, is this right? I would need to be able to cover meals, room and diving.

4. Can I use $US travelers checks. I have been places like Bolivia where they will not take them.

Any recommendations for dive shops and hotels. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just good service and smiling PI faces :)

1. Very slim chance of typhoon.
2. There is at least one in Puerto Galera Town not sure in Sabang.
3. Extra 5% service charges in most places.
4. Depends where you are!!!! CASH is preferred.

There are well over 30 dive operators along the three beaches for you to choose.
a. La Laguna Beach Club away from the noices if you do not mind the walk to the bars and other restaurants. The smallish beach is quiet and relatively CLEAN. Campbell at the end of the same beach is absolutely QUIET.
b. Atlantis seems to attract a lot of yankees. Everything is on the expensive side(local standard).
c. El Galeon is another established old timer.
d. Portofino/Action divers is also recommended.

I would not recommend travelers checks.

I stayed at La Laguna Beach Club and I highly recommend them. You can charge room/food/diving but there is a fee around 5% as Central mentioned. If you have the budget, get one of the ocean front suites in the new building.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom